Thursday 27 November 2008

GOT A NEW TOY :-D

I have got myself a Brother KH965, I'm hoping to be able to keep my young grandson in cute little sweaters. Just need to master using the knitting machine first.

I have been busy knitting various things recently, by hand.
Photobucket
My first attempt at following a crochet pattern.
Photobucket
Socks for my mum, can't remember the name of the yarn or the pattern.
Photobucket
A mini Clapotis, for my mum, knitted using 2 skein Lornas Laces sock yarn.
Photobucket
A Yuletide Gnome :-D
Photobucket
The pattern is Rose Red, was given the pattern and yarn as part of the swap. Lovely colours, and it actually looks ok on me. The yarn is Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend.
Photobucket
Mitts from Noro Designer Mini Knits, I used Noro Silk Garden Lite, 1 skein for both and they are mine hehehe
Photobucket
And finally a cute wee Gansey Style sweater for my grandson. This is actually darker IRL. I used Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino.

My wee grandson will 1 year old next month, doesn't seem like almost a year since he entered our lives. I babysit once a week and it is amazing how much he has grown. He dances to the Scooby Doo tune and various adverts as well. He can get from A to B very quickly on his hands and knees. And if he doesn't want his lunch he shakes his hands in front of him as if to say no, no, no. He is quite a character .

3 comments:

Linz Knits Now said...

Absolutely fab knits ( and crochet-go you! what's that pattern? it's very pretty).

Love the new name!!!

Janice said...

The pattern is the Sweet Pea Shawl form The Happy Hooker. I think the yarn was Patons DK. Once I had read the instructions a few times and got started it was too bad to do :-D

Cinders said...

woow, you have been busy! Some gorgoeus knits there.