Friday 13 July 2007

My very first post

I decided to create my own blog so that I can show those interested what I have been up to. Just now I am busy knitting baby things for my first grandchild who is due 29th December.
I have also knitted another wee cardi with matching hat but as yet haven't taken a photo.

I am also crocheting a sleeping bag, this will be my second crochet project, only learnt to crochet a few months ago.

I also enjoy spinning, I own an Ashford Kiwi and two drop spindles, and I have been experimenting with dyes, both acid, http://www.ashford.co.nz/dyes/dyes-frameset.htm and natural, http://pure-tinctoria.designsales.co.uk/en and onion skins.
The three skeins on the left are dyed using the natural dyes, Kango (Myrobalan) and Pacific (pomegranite).






11 comments:

Jacquie said...

You have been busy! Love the baby cardis - a nice change from the usual pastels and the design on the second one is just gorgeous.

Lovely colours from your dyeing too!

Nevisknitter said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, your baby knits are so cute.

Janice said...

Ahhh thank you, your comments are much appreciated.

Auntie Noo said...

Welcome to Blogland Janice, great to see your knits. Love the baby stuff.

allybea said...

Hooray Janice! You did it. I love your wee things. Your grand baby is going to be so well dressed!

FairyNuff said...

oh wow love your blog janice!!!
and the baby cardis are sooo cute!!!
nice day for it.. I started one too

Knittings Nice! said...

Hi congrats on your blog Janice and welcome to bloggy land. Great pics by the way.

cat said...

fab blog Janice and lovely pics!

Jacqui said...

Hi Janice *waves* welcome to bloggland, lovely to see more friendly faces here :o) Great baby knits, you'l be a very popular granny.

Joy said...

Welcome to Blogland Janice. It's lovely to see all your baby knits :)

Linz Knits Now said...

Sorry it's a bit late...but your blog is lovely and you little knits are just gorgeous!

So Hi there Janice :D