Friday 10 August 2007

Finished two cardies

I've finally finished the Opal Magic cardigan, it seemed to take ages to knit. It looks a bit big but hey, it means Lewis, my brothers' grandson will get to wear it for longer. I hope they like it.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I also asked my brothers' wife whether their neice would like socks, mittens or maybe a cardigan for her dolly, as I didn't want her to feel left out, so my SIL said a cardie for Annabelle.
I used a pattern from Sirdar Early Arrivals 1 and knitted the second premature size in Jaeger Matchmaker Merino 4ply.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

INTARSIA KNITTING CLASS
Went to http://www.hkhandknitonline.co.uk/ on Wednesday night for the Intarsia knitting class held by Carol. It was great fun and I now feel confident enough to try knitting a project with more than one colour. This is what we did...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And guess what was sitting on the table in the front shop? a copy of 25 Favourite Socks which I have been after for months, so I am now the proud owner of this book and I can't wait to get knitting, the only problem being, which one to try first.

BEEN BUYING, AGAIN
Yes I've been adding to my large yarn stash, and yes it is more sock yarn. Went to visit Cazza aka http://www.middlearthknitter.blogspot.com/ as she only lives down the road and I was after some of her hand dyed yarn. It was a hard choice as she has some lovely stuff but in the end I got these 3 lovely sock yarns.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
From left to right 100% Merino in Bubblegum, 75% BFL 25% nylon in Shrimp and finally BFL/nylon in Arwen's Cloak. And I can only say it is lovely yarn in really nice colours. I'm thinking of crocheting a shawl with the Shrimp, and possibly the Bubblegum too. Just need postie to bring me my Tess Dawson Crochet book and of course I had to order some of Tess' Merino DK in Teal and Cherry, and some Merino 4ply in Cream, Camel and Chocolate.

1 comment:

blog-blethers said...

I absolutely love the cardi in the yellow sock yarn. It's so effective and has 'wee boy' written all over it!