Saturday 18 August 2007

NEED MORE HOURS

I could do with having a few more hours in the day so that I can knit, crochet and cross stitch to my hearts content. My mum thinks I could do less crafting and more tidying and dusting :-/
Anyhoo I have been busy, I finallly succumbed to the lure of Tess Dawsons' crochet book, and I have to say I found the instructions really easy to follow and the projects are lovely. I managed to crochet a scarf in just a few hours using 1 ball Rowan Kidsilk Haze in Marmalade.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I have aslo started another lacy scarf from VLT, this time I'm using Kidsilk Haze in Jelly, what can I say, I like the stuff. This one is on page 98 and has French Trellis borders with bramble leaf centre. I've just started the centre section.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm also knitting a pair of 'plain' socks for my son Wills' girlfriend, she goes off to uni in less than two weeks. I'm using Opal sock yarn which has been hand dyed using Koolaid.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Must go and do some work or should I say, pick out a laceweight yarn for a KAL I've just joined. More details later when I finally decide what yarn/colour I decide to use.

6 comments:

Scottishf said...

Pah, time to dust and tidy when you are old and can't see the yarn anymore!
Love the shawl, don't know how you have the patience?

Nevisknitter said...

Think your mum sounds like mine, The scarves are lovely

blog-blethers said...

Mums, eh??? I reckon they are all the same;) The only reason my mum is no longer checking my house for dust (there loads of it, mum!) is the fact I now live 400+ miles away! Crafting or cleaning?? I don't reckon we need to poll that one, do we;)??

Fiona Reynolds said...

But quite frankly... where is the fun in dusting and tidying? Life's too short. Your lacework is gorgeous.

Janice said...

Thank you for making me feel better about the dust :D And thank you for your nice comments about the lace, I'm enjoying knitting the lacy scarf it isn't too complicated :-)

Melody said...

Beautiful finished items Janice -they're all lovely!
And I agree with all the comments about the dusting and hoovering- it will always be there next week!
Debs xx