Friday 3 August 2007

S.E.X.

I met up with Natalie from the Yarnyard yesterday so that I could get my hands on some of her yarn and pencil rovings. We don't live that far apart so met at the Gyle in Edinburgh. It made sense as 1) I grudge paying postage when I could be spending on more yarn and 2) the post is a bit erratic just now. So here are my purchases :-)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The photo doesn't do them justice they are much nicer IRL. Especially the Cherry Pie one, it is just scrummy. The other two are TdeF55 (browny) and TdeF57 and are destined for socks for my DH and my dad. I'm thinking that the Cherry Pie is just too tasty to be hidden on a pair of feet so I think I'll knit a scarf with it.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I also bought some pencil rovings in Bedazzle and Leaf, I think it is obvious which is which, I hope. Natalie even gave me a quick demonstration as to how to untwist and gently pull the rovings apart ready for spinning. Will have a go later.

Natalie also gave me a peek preview at the new sock yarn, Merino Tencel, all I can say is it is absolutely gorgeous and soooo soft, and the colours are just lovely. But I think my darling hubby would shoot me if I buy any more yarn :-/ I also got to see the finished rectangular shawl knitted in Wicked, it is lovely, I can't wait for the pattern, I think mine may be knitted up in Cherry Pie. And then of course Natalie also had her neck warmer which was knitted using handspun wool. Very busy woman is Natalie so I would just like to say a BIG THANK YOU to her for making the time to meet me.

And of course seeing as I was in Edinburgh I just had to go to John Lewis and Jenners. Bought cross stitch kits of Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore, Piglet and Tigger as DD is doing the nursery up with a Winnie theme.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Got a row off DD as I also bought a Pooh bear the other day, well you know how it is, he was sitting on the shelf all by himself and he just kinda jumped into my arms and said 'take me home, Granny' lol.

Almost finished knitting the Opal cardigan in Opal Magic. This is for my brothers' new grandson, Lewis. Just need to do the garter stitch at the end of the sleeve and pick up the stitches and knit the collar, I think it might need blocking before I try and sew it up.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soem gorgeous yarns from n there. I have a ratgher large collection of her sock yarns and several finished pairs of socks. I'm desperate to try the merino/tensel.

Knittings Nice! said...

Loving the opal jumper and the sock yarns...yummy.

Lothlorian said...

oh honey they look YUMMY